The school was established in 1953 under the name of “WATSING SCHOOL” and was changed to “SINGHARAJPITTAYAKOM SCHOOL” in 1971. In 1992 this school finally became known as “MATHAYOMWATSING SCHOOL” as it is known as today.
34 rai 156 aquare wah (about 13.92 acres)
KIND OF SCHOOL
It is a co-educational, government, secondary school under the supervision of Office of the Basic Education Commision.
(MOR WOR SOR)
SINGHA & TORCH
The Singha represents pride, honour and morality.
The Torch represents light, glory and achievement.
The Pink represents profound thought,the Green growth.
(profound Thought for Growth)
SEEK KNOWLEDGE,HONOUR THE SCHOOL AND HAVE FAITH IN
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
NUMBER OF TEACHERS
DURATION OF SCHOOL YEAR : 2 semesters
– 1st semester May 16th -October 10th
– 2nd semester November 1st-March 31 st
We take students from a variety of backgrounds to study in school from M.1 to M.6 (Mathayomsuksa 1 to Mathayomsuksa 6 or Grade 7 to Grade 12 or Form 2 to Form 7). We cater to diverse groups by offering a wide range of programs. The English Program, Mini-English Program, Gifted Education Program and Regular Program are provided to serve the students’ and community’s needs. Arts, sports,cultural and other activities are also provided to help develop good social skills. We give students the opportunity to achieve their best in their selected programs of study.
- The students are able to organize activities in and outside school.
- The students have good mind and good health.
- The school has good atmosphere owing to a spacious area, lots of trees and ponds.
- The school has good relationship with organization in the community.
Mathayomwatsing School is located on Ekachai Road, Bangkuntien, Jomthong, Bangkok. It was established as a co-educational government school in 1953. Permission to start the Mini-English Program was given by the Ministry of Education in 2003, and in 2004 the Ministry of Education gave the school permission to start the English Program making it the third school in Bangkok to do so.
- Students will posses skill for language communication, data interpretation and technology application for lifelong education.
- Students will attain a creative desire for self- development through critical thinking and problem solving.
- Students will become world-class citizens on Thai bases.
- Students will realize their full potential and self-value
- To introduce English as a medium of teaching Maths, Science, Physical Education,Social Studies and Computer Science.
- To enable students to think, communicate and learn English inside as well as outside school.
- To use the latest Information Technology and Multimedia in keeping the curriculum up-to-date.
- To create an English atmosphere conducive to learning.
- To provide all facilities for learning under one roof.
“OUR ENGLISH PROGRAM STRIVES TO PRODUCE GLOBAL-MINDED STUDENTS WHO MAINTAIN A PROFOUND AWARENESS OF THEIR THAI CULTURE AND HERITAGE”
We prefer attentive and industrious students with a strong basic knowledge of English. The expected GPA is about 3.50 for M.1 and 3.00 for M.4. Catchment area is not necessary.
We provide all facilities to success : ICT Center, Science Laboratory, Library, Self-Access Learning Center, Music Room, Golf Gear, and others.
Sports, English Camp, Hotel Visits, Overseas Trips, Competitions, Christmas Plays, Music (Guitar, Violin) and others.
The Basic Education Curriculums (BE 2544 and BE 2551) are used to promote morality, intellectual growth, quality of life and competitive ability.